Access Gibraltar Industries annual reports, SEC filings, stock information, corporate governance information, and quarterly results. Sign up for RSS feeds, email alerts, and more.
Leading Businesses. High-growth markets. Unlimited opportunity.
Learn more about how our platforms are strategically designed to create value for you.
The demand for cannabis, produce, nutraceuticals, and essential oils are on the rise. North American capacity for greenhouse-grown produce is forecasted to increase from over 8,500 acres in 2019 to more than 14,000 in 2024¹. The U.S. retail market for legal cannabis is expected to surpass $28B by 2023, up from roughly $12B in 2019², and U.S. retail sales for hemp-derived CBD are forecast to grow from $1.1B in 2019 to $6.0B in 2025³.
Through 2050, between 40% and 65% of electricity generation capacity additions will be renewable, with as much as 47% being solar. U.S. electricity generation from renewables is projected to grow from 19% in 2019 of total energy mix to 38% in 2050, with solar being the fastest growing method of renewable generation, expanding from 15% of renewable electricity generation in 2019 to 46% in 20504.
Driven by age of the nation’s housing stock (almost 40 years on average, with ~80% of the country’s 137 million homes at least 20 years old and 40% at least 50 years old) and growth of home equity (nearly doubling over the past five years), U.S. home improvement spending was estimated at over $400B in 2019 and is forecast to exceed $450B in 20235.
- Proprietary Gibraltar research
- Marijuana Business Daily, Marijuana Business Factbook 2019
- Nielsen, Winsight Grocery Business
- U.S. Energy Information Administration, Energy Outlook Report 2020
- Statista, Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Studies, Forbes
Our multi-industry business model drives profitable, compounding, meaningful and sustainable value. Rather than pursuing dividends and buybacks, we put our capital to work, investing organically and inorganically in our company so we can make even more impact.
- We’re rock solid. For more than 45 years, we’ve been creating meaningful value for all our stakeholders. We’re built for the long haul, with a solid financial foundation and strategies that keep us at the leading edge of the industries that we serve.
- We’re responsive. We rigorously assess our portfolio and prospective adjacencies against our proven model to ensure the market has a positive outlook, strong demand, and favorable structure. We’re equally responsive to our partners – working closely with you to remove barriers to your success.
- We’re all in. We create industry-leading solutions, investing in the technology, training, and talent needed to stay one step ahead of the next challenge. We care about what we do – and how we do it – holding ourselves to the highest standards of ethics, safety and accountability.